Antoine-Marie Delannoy (1800-1860) e René Patouillard-Demoriane (1867-1957) won the prestigious grant for the architecture respectively in 1832 and in 1899. This section includes some works, relevant to the Tiber island and its bridges, produced during their stay at the Academy of France in Rome. The 'Grand Prix de Rome' was instituted by the Academy of France in 1663, at the time of king Louis XIV, to reward the most distinguished students in art fields. The prize was awarded yearly to young people who had demonstrated their superiority in a real binding competition in painting, sculpture, architecture and etching. In 1803 musical composition was added to the original four categories. The winners were admitted to study at the Academy of France in Rome, founded by Jean Baptiste Colbert in 1666. The competition for the prize lasted more than 300 years and was abolished on May 1968; however the grant is still awarded to young artists considered worthy by the Academy.
- Images from 1 to 8 from: Cassanelli Roberto; David Massimiliano; Jacques Annie "Frammenti di Roma antica nei disegni degli architetti francesi vincitori del Prix de Rome 1786-1924"; De Agostini - Novara - 1998.
- Images 9 and 10 scanned from a print belonging to the website author.