The island in the photos of the Alinari brothers


Archivi Alinari - Limited download: ask fototeca@alinari.it specifying the code



Largo Fratelli Alinari, 15
50123, Florence - ITALY

Alinari 1
1. The East end of the island (before 1888)
(pict. by Alinari - Code Aca-f-006261)


2. The East end of the island (before 1898)
(pict. by Domenico Anderson - Anderson archive - Code Ada-f-000345)


3. One of the last mills on the right branch of the Tiber (1871)
(pict. by Simelli printed in the Chauffurier lab. - Museum of the history of photography Alinari - Code Fvq-f-158674)


4. The square and the Basilica of St. Bartholomew (19201930)
(pict. by Alinari - Alinari archive - Code Aca-f-034977)


5. The Fabricio bridge with the Caetani tower and the bell tower of St G. Calibita church (19201930)
(pict. by Alinari - Alinari archive - Code Aca-f-028665)


6. View of the island and the Fabricio bridge from downstream (19201930)
(pict. by Alinari - Alinari archive - Code Aca-f-028664)


7. The West end of the island before the demolitions (begun in 1930) for the building of the new hospital
(Code Bga-f-016837)


8. The Emilio bridge (ponte Rotto) and the island on the background (~1850)
(pict. by Giacomo Caneva - Museum of the history of photography Alinari - Code Fvq-f-045105)


9. The Emilio bridge (ponte Rotto) with the island and the Fabricio bridge on the background (after 1904)
(pict. by Giacomo Brogi - Brogi archive  - Code Bga-f-003656)


10. The Emilio bridge (ponte Rotto) and the island on the background (~1915)
(pict. by Domenico Anderson - Anderson archive - Code Ada-f-017545)


11. The Emilio bridge (ponte Rotto) with the island and the Fabricio bridge on the background (1935)
(pict. by Alinari - Alinari archive - Code Aca-f-006262)


12. The Emilio bridge (ponte Rotto) and the island during the flood  on January 4th 1929
(Istituto Nazionale Luce - Code Ail-f-007108)


13. The Emilio bridge (ponte Rotto) with the iron walkway built in 1853 (ante 1888)
(pict. by Domenico Anderson - Anderson archive - Code Ada-f-000346)


14. The Emilio bridge (ponte Rotto) with the iron walkway built in 1853 (ante 1888)
(Museum of the history of photography Alinari - Code Fvq-f-045054)



www.alinari.it

All the pictures shown in this page are published on permission of "Fratelli Alinari" in Florence which keep the Copyright - All rights reserved - No copy is allowed without their authorization.